Wednesday, March 20, 2013

If you ignore them, they will go away

Hi Google.  Having fun ignoring us?  I know you must be.  Either that or you are using your own browser while reading this blog. Well just in case you can read this, I wanted to highlight this problem that has been discussed (and ignored) ad nauseum on your very own boards:


orangeewok
 

I've been having a very annoying font display problem with Chrome for the past few months. Some text shows up as square gibberish characters. I see that a lot of other users are having this issue as well but no one seems to be correcting the issue in Chrome. I've attached a screenshot.
The issue is most prevalent on google pages or on check out pages on various sites. Certain people's emails also seem to come through in gibberish if they are using a particular font other than the default.
I've tried viewing the page source and unchecking the font property for various elements and that seems to be a temporary fix. Obviously I don't want to do that every time I see this on a page. I've tried quitting my font management program. I've tried turning off certain fonts like Arial or Droid Sans and turning them back on again. Nothing works!
Can someone please finally help resolve this issue?
thanks.
Carla BauerLevel 1 
I tried changing fonts to no avail.

raid85Level 1 
this is the second time it happens, last time i had to mess around with the google chrome system files to reset my profile, and restore my bookmarks. its kind of annoying especially since i cant even navigate to mess around with the settings. i would appreciate some help to know the cause and stop it from recurring.
screenshot attached.
things affected: everything within the browser including the right click menu. webpages display normally. and URL displays normally. preview/hovering over bookmarks also display properly.
im running windows XP, i have windows 7 at home, and i have an android phone. not sure if this is relevant however there seems to be some sort of link since i bookmarked a page on my phone, and it added it on my windows XP chrome browser.

thank you.


Hey, why not?  It's not like reading text is actually important when using the web.  As long as you can read what is important.  Take my background picture for instance.  That was a google search using chrome for "Google chrome sucks".  And you can definitely read that.

Keep up the great work Chrome developers.   Or as we say in the Chrome World: gibberish in a series of interconnected boxes.  Wait, you can actually read that.  Maybe asdfafdaafaswhich actually renders as a series of gibberish in a series of interconnected boxes on my computer...today...at this hour.  

Thank's for getting on top of fixing that.  I'm sure science will find a cure for cancer first.  

No comments:

Post a Comment