Friday, March 29, 2013

Fix it or stop advertising

Hi Google.  Glad to see that we have made NO PROGRESS in well over a year.  Certainly none this month.

As a former Google Chrome user (yes former) I'd like to request you stop promoting your carelessly broken browser everywhere.  Now that I'm using Safari more (yeah, not a huge fan, but at least I can read everything) all I see are ads for Chrome.

Do you know what would be better?  Make your ads unreadable.  Make it real.  Use the boxes in the background.  Get creative.  Make sure everyone knows that Google Chrome stands for quality, and gibberish.  Maybe call it quibberish.

Anyone else making a browser should absolutely take advantage of this and advertise their browser in the following way:


  • Ad opens - nothing but lines of gibberish
  • Interrupted by tagline:  Missing Something?
  • Browser X - Because the Internet is for readers.  (do another one for lovers, etc).
If I can read your page, its automatically better than Google Chrome.  Your browser can be awful, but if I can actually read web pages, it is automatically better.  Run with it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment